Waterland Tubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napalmseth

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Coral Springs, FL.
I've been seeing these waterland tubs online for use as turtle and tortoise enclosures. I was wondering if anyone has any info on them. Re they good quality? Do they work?

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I think they're great, and I've heard they are good quality. As much as I love my wooden tort table, with plastic tubs you don't have to worry about rotting or anything. Much easier to clean, and keep humid, in my opinion.
I'm actually looking into them now for my tortoise, so I will be interested to hear what other people think too!

Napalmseth

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL.
I keep my torts indoors during work hours due to no fenced in backyard and no way to protect from the killer muskovy ducks and alligators in my canal behind my house. I was worried about the wood indoors due to rotting and leaking. AND I can order some for indoors and some to keep outdoors as outdoor basking tubs.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Its a pretty good product. Rather expensive, and a bit small, but good quality and will last forever.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
The thing that has stopped me from trying the tubs is the shipping. It's prohibitive.

Napalmseth

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL.
I just ordered two and it SAYS there is no problem with shipping. We shall see. I figure the smaller size will be ok for either my pancakes because they're small enough or my greek when he's big enough.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Napalmseth said:
I just ordered two and it SAYS there is no problem with shipping. We shall see.

There is no problem with shipping. Actually, we are going to refund a large part of what you paid for shipping because it came up to much less. Enjoy!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I have heard shipping is very expensive also. Tyler, do you sell these tubs?

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Yes, we sell them. When multiple are ordered, they stack inside of each other, but the site calculates it as two separate units (because the site doesn't realize that they can fit together for cheaper shipping) Two put together is really just a little bigger than a single tub. That's what happened here, so we refunded the difference once we know the actual cost. They are a little pricey to ship just because of the size. It's the dimensional weight that hits you on shipping price, because they don't really weigh much at all. In this case, it was about $64 to ship to FL for two of them.

muddoc

5 Year Member
South Louisiana
I just thought I would put my .02 in here. I bought one last fall for my Aldabras, as I knew they were going to have to live inside for the winter. I bought the largest land turtle tub that they make. My two Aldabras (about the size of cantelopes) did great in it all winter, and had plenty of room. I found it to be a very thick plastic of good quality. I was having problems finding ways to attach my lights how I wanted them, so I screwed a piece of wood across a corner and clamped my lights to that. We used Rabbit Pellet food as substrate, as it is very absorbant, and can be eaten safely by the toroises if they happen to get some in their mouth. I used a wet/dry vac to suck the water out of the pool end once per week, and replaced with clean water. The only other thing we did was to set the whole tub on 2x4's to get it off the slab of our house, to keep it from getting too cold. The only other thing I am thinking of adding next year will be a pig blanket or some other heating source to the underside, to help heat the water, and keep tyhe floor from being so cool.

I know they are a bit expensive, but in my mind, it will be the last indoor turtle home you will ever need (unless you add more tortoises). It will definitely pay for itself over the course of 30 years.

Please let me know if anyone has any other questions, and I will try to answer with my experiences.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are a great product from everything I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.