Weed ID

P

pguinpro

Checked plant ID and couldnt find a match, doesnt flower. Any ideas? My tort Ollie has taken a liking to this weed whilst grazing.20180812-152408.jpeg

Attachments

• 15341147713092309186909100297923.jpg
    15341147713092309186909100297923.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 24

Iochroma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco
The first looks like a trumpet vine. Not dangerously toxic.
The second may be one of Euphorbia sp. formerly called Chamaesyce. If so, it will bleed milky sap when cut. Alternately, that could also be one of the morning glory clan.

P

pguinpro

The first looks like a trumpet vine. Not dangerously toxic.
The second may be one of Euphorbia sp. formerly called Chamaesyce. If so, it will bleed milky sap when cut. Alternately, that could also be one of the morning glory clan.
Trumpet vine gets flowers? Haven't noticed flowers on either and summers almost over.

Ill try cutting the second one.

P

pguinpro

The second picture is "prostrate knotweed" aka polygonum aviculare
Yikes! Says do not feed in tortoise table because it contains oxalic acid but he has been consistently eating it and seems to really like it; very strange.

Bambam1989

Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Yikes! Says do not feed in tortoise table because it contains oxalic acid but he has been consistently eating it and seems to really like it; very strange.
It's not toxic at least. While large amounts for prolonged periods could be an issue. I would pull up as much as you can from his enclosure especially before it goes to seed. Once it gets going it can choke out other plants. I consider it to be more of a nuisance than a threat.