Weight gain

Slow60

Location (City and/or State)
Nevada TX
@Slow60
Hello! One thing wasn't mentioned yet - the diet: what do you feed your tortoise? What about her appetite?

Redfoots diet consists of 30-60% fruit, 10-20% animal protein and mushrooms and the rest is leafy greens (proportions aren't strict and can vary with seasonal availability of foods, age and just from week to week). For baby redfoots protein intake is more important.
I offer her moistened Flukers pellets daily but she only eats a thimbleful. She loves blueberries and carrots every other day and she eats a few live dandelions, Johnson grass, and Asian ponyfoot in our pasture when i take her outside. Occasionally she will eat bits of corn. She will ignore everything else including kale, mushrooms, bell pepper, turnip greens, mustard greens, animal protein, blackberries and alfalfa.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
I offer her moistened Flukers pellets daily but she only eats a thimbleful. She loves blueberries and carrots every other day and she eats a few live dandelions, Johnson grass, and Asian ponyfoot in our pasture when i take her outside. Occasionally she will eat bits of corn. She will ignore everything else including kale, mushrooms, bell pepper, turnip greens, mustard greens, animal protein, blackberries and alfalfa.
You will need to mix in new foods little bits at a time with what she will eat. If that doesn't work you will need to give the tough love and just put greens she doesn't eat but should in the enclosure and eventually she will eat it. A tortoise won't starve itself just because it's not the stuff it prefers to eat. You also might have more success mixing in new foods with the pellets, if you switch to Mazuri pellets for redfoots. Mojo is a little piggy on pellet days. Here's a list of other things redfoots can eat as well. Screenshot_20240518_124659_Brave.jpgScreenshot_20231112_032043_Brave.jpg

Alex and the Redfoot

Platinum Tortoise Club
Cyprus
She is as picky as mine was. Try some very ripe fruit - papaya, mango or figs.
What animal protein did you offer? She might refuse mealworms but go crazy for a boiled egg, for example.

Do you use any supplements - food toppers, calcium powder, multivitamins?

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
This article helped me introduce new foods to my picky Russian:

Davie , Florida
Humidity!!!....in the pictures looks really dry. I made the same mistakes and receive the same support and advices, I was you like 3 months ago.....don't feel bad. You already are in the correct space to ask and fix anything...one step at the time.
Follow the recommendations and your RF is going to be fine they are design to survive. Keep it hydrated!
Hope your baby start gain weight soon! Hibiscus leaves are the favorite of mine.
Lego says hi!!!