6-8ft Enclosure suggestions

David M.

Location (City and/or State)
Nevada
Hey folks,

I'm looking to get a 6-8ft enclosure for my Redfoot. I currently have one of Marks 3ft enclosures, but interested in other options. What suggestions do yall have?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pop up green houses. They come in all sizes. Many of us use or used them inside out homes.1000001352.png

David M.

Nevada
Pop up green houses. They come in all sizes. Many of us use or used them inside out homes.View attachment 380194
Ive used those before for a Tegu and they work fantastic, I should have mentioned in my original post but this will be a display item in my living room. So I'm willing to pay extra to get it looking nice and pretty.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How old and big is your RF?
The smart enclosure should last until they are large enough to live outside. An adult will need a large room size enclosure or live outside with a heated shed or night box.
If he's still small enough to live in a closed chamber, you could add onto the end of the enclosure he's in or buy another one and connect them.
Otherwise you will probably have to build it yourself or have a local build it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You could do a search for raised garden beds. See if any of those are something you like and maybe just have to modify it a little.

David M.

Nevada
It's about 6" right now and I live in a climate that gets very cold during the winter, so an inside enclosure is my best bet for a while. I've reached out to Mark to see if he's still making enclosures, seems like that will still be my best bet unless something spectacular has hit the market recently.

Alex and the Redfoot

Platinum Tortoise Club
Cyprus
It's about 6" right now and I live in a climate that gets very cold during the winter, so an inside enclosure is my best bet for a while. I've reached out to Mark to see if he's still making enclosures, seems like that will still be my best bet unless something spectacular has hit the market recently.
You can also reach Toad Ranch, Animal Plastics and few other vendors who build PVC/HDPE enclosures. Toad Ranch makes custom builds with pre-printed backgrounds, perhaps others do that too (some of them are showcased in Garden State Tortoise YT videos). However, Marks approach with double glazed front doors and walls feels superior.