Weight

Annief

Location (City and/or State)
N Ireland
Hi folks. I weighed little YODA on 21st august and he was 65g. Weighed him this morning and he’s now 74g. Is this a normal weigh gain rate. He’s active and seems healthy enough apart from his pyramiding from before I got him. All advice greatly appreciated ☺️IMG_1962.jpegIMG_1962.jpegIMG_1961.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1960.jpeg
    IMG_1960.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hi folks. I weighed little YODA on 21st august and he was 65g. Weighed him this morning and he’s now 74g. Is this a normal weigh gain rate. He’s active and seems healthy enough apart from his pyramiding from before I got him. All advice greatly appreciated ☺️View attachment 379182View attachment 379182View attachment 379181
Hello!
Sounds fine. The rate can differ from tortoise to tortoise (and some grow in spurts, some - slow and steady), don't be too concerned about it.

If your tortoise is behaving normally and have positive growth trend (no matter how much) - it's fine. Losing weight is not a good sign. I weigh my tortoise every week and compare monthly average weight.

Annief

N Ireland
Hello!
Sounds fine. The rate can differ from tortoise to tortoise (and some grow in spurts, some - slow and steady), don't be too concerned about it.

If your tortoise is behaving normally and have positive growth trend (no matter how much) - it's fine. Losing weight is not a good sign. I weigh my tortoise every week and compare monthly average weight.
Thank you. ☺️

Raquel1978

Swansea wales
I weigh my little one weekly, a few months ago she was putting on a gram a week last few weeks she's been gaining 5grams a week so I think she's having a growth spurt.