What a stud

Treeturtle3

I received what is supposed to be a sri lankan today. His patterns radiate, which is much different from what I already have. In comparison, I've learned that I have a high yellow indian star named Shelly and it seems to be a burmese. His name is Sheldon and all he does is chase her tail. Right from his shipment box, ignoring the food and enclosure. boy is he ready. She is not though :/ he is in his own bachelor pad because he seems too forward and only interested in mating. Can anyone help identify if he is burmese and what I should do about his temperment?

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Post a picture so we can help identify the species. Just because they are high yellow doesn't mean they are a Sri Lankan or a Burmese star. In fact a Burmese star is a different species.

Treeturtle3

Post a picture so we can help identify the species. Just because they are high yellow doesn't mean they are a Sri Lankan or a Burmese star. In fact a Burmese star is a different species.

20160419_131413.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Treeturtle3

I take the more yellow one just as a plain Jane indian star but high yellow because she looks super yellow compared to her new companion. I totally wrote that sentence wrong where it says Shelly looks burmese. I think Sheldon does, not her

20160419_133206.jpg

Treeturtle3

Update: just remembered I can tell the difference from their bottom she'll pattern. Sheldon's a star :)

20160420_093015.jpg

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Yup, definitely an indian star. Burmese typically have just six rays on their central scutes. And, as you recalled, their plastron has solid dark triangular marking on the plastron, not any radiating patterns.

Beautiful tortoises.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Quarantining new arrivals for a few months should be standard operating procedure and will protect both of your tortoises. They should not be kept in pairs either.

Treeturtle3

Tortoise condo made of cardboard on top of a layed out bookshelf

Attachments

• IMG-20160420-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20160420-WA0005.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 25

Rue

Canada
I am paranoid about fire hazards. The MVB is very hot. I'm not sure if I'd want a MVB and cardboard together in close vicinity.

Treeturtle3

Yup, definitely an indian star. Burmese typically have just six rays on their central scutes. And, as you recalled, their plastron has solid dark triangular marking on the plastron, not any radiating patterns.

Beautiful tortoises.
Thank you!