What about this one.. thanks to Jackrat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
This morning at 11:30 this happened -

aJackRatBABIES.jpg

Why did I take a pic of the FedEx guy bringing me a package? Mainly because I don't usually get deliveries... I get calls saying that the package arrived from me - and you'll see half of the reason in a minute!

Last year I met Jeff and "passed the torch" for him to continue the bloodline from ( he calls them ) Quagmire - the calendar child - and Knobs - one of my female breeders raised up from a 1998 hatchling. And he has done a great job with them! Partly because of the environment in southern AR.. but mainly because he took that "torch" and did all of the right things that he learned from one who prefers to remain anonymous and lucky me.

I encouraged Jeff to create a website and he posted some of his hatchlings created by Quag and Knobs - I wrote back and said I want "that" one!

Here's "that" one -

aYELLOWJRrf.jpg

Can you believe "that" redfoot tortoise hatchling???

aYELLOWJRls.jpg

He even has colors on the back of his front legs!

aYELLOWJRlf.jpg

How's this for redfoot "EYE-CANDY"..... huh? What more can be said?

Jeff has done a great job.. don't ya think?

BTW.. there was a second one in that box too.. more on him later.

Terry

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
You're too kind,Terry. Thanks for all the help you've given me. I do appreciate it. These two are typical of what I've hatched this year. Shades of color and head patterns are the only differences. The only truly different ones I have are two that have a milk chocolate colored carapace and brownish skin,with very subdued colors. Kinda odd looking, but they have really grown on me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
See? This is just another reason we need a section on the forum where we can list all the people who breed and sell turtles and tortoises. I didn't know about Jackrat. I'd much rather tell our members about him than about the breeders I know who are NOT on the forum.

I guess I'll have to start another EXCELL worksheet!

Sorry for the OT.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very Nice Terry! .... Love the coloring ....Jeff you did well my fine sir~ Nice looking babies:)

JD~:)

PS, Terry I still have the two I got from you 2 years back ....:D

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Nice color. Great job you guys.

I like the idea of the breeder list who are on the forum. I chose one from the forum and I did so, because I knew here that if I ran into any problems they would be around or someone would who could help me.

Did I mention..that I love this forum.. You guys/gals rock..all of you

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Beautiful! I like his new website, very nice indeed! Outstanding pitures always.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Thanks all.. Jeff and I are both in the process of posting "new" pics of our 2011 hatchlings! You will get more than you pay for.. a healthy beautifully marked redfoot and all the "hands-on" help you need from either of us.

Another great idea Yvonne.. go for it! This thread probly should have been in that 'section'! A place to leave "testimonies", etc.

BTW.. I'll get a few more pics of the 'second' one this evening. A sneak preview - { screamer? }

aJRsII.jpg

CAN YOU BELIEVE ALL THE PATTERNS/COLORS ON THIS BABIES HEAD???

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.