What are the strangest captchas you have seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I post sometimes on forums and newspaper sites that show captchas to post and I have seen some strange ones, but the strangest I think I have ever seen was one with chinese symbols in it. Last time I checked my keyboard does not make those symbols, and of course some are insanely hard to read, thank goodness for the refresh button.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm afraid you're talking over my head, David.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Had to do a Wiki search:

A CAPTCHA or Captcha (pronounced /ˈkæptʃə/) is a type of challenge-response test used in computing as an attempt to ensure that the response is not generated by a computer. The process usually involves one computer (a server) asking a user to complete a simple test which the computer is able to generate and grade. Because other computers are supposedly unable to solve the CAPTCHA, any user entering a correct solution is presumed to be human. Thus, it is sometimes described as a reverse Turing test, because it is administered by a machine and targeted to a human, in contrast to the standard Turing test that is typically administered by a human and targeted to a machine. A common type of CAPTCHA requires the user to type letters or digits from a distorted image that appears on the screen.

LOL on the chinese symbols. So how did you get by that one? Did you have to open a new window and do a chinese translation? Copy/paste?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Oh that's that annoying cra* they started doing on tinypic.com. I hate it. Half the time I can't even read it.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
My favorite :)

2jb5imu.png

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I never knew what that was called!! I hate it and often get it wrong because of the weird way the letters look.

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
I am color blind and a lot of times cannot read the letters, I know they can come up with a better way. I like the ones that asks stupid questions better, like what is the number after 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.