What are these? Are they safe for my Tort to eat?

Dan Tennick

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone can help me.

I've lived in this house now for 3 years and every year, we have these plants and leaves growing.. (Pictures attached).

My question's are, what are they? and would it be safe to feed my Tort when i get him in 2 weeks?

If the answer is yes, would you recommend me soaking them in water before i feed them to him/ her?

He is a 1 year old CB Horsfield Tort :)

Thanks all :)

Dan :)
image (3).jpeg image (5).jpeg image (6).jpeg image (5).jpeg image (3).jpeg

M

Maggie Cummings

Welcome, be patient. It's a holiday and more than likely our plant experts are doing other things. You will get an answer, it may just take a while...the second and fourth pictures look like Wisteria to me and I do not think they are safe...but I really am no expert on plants. My big Sulcata has had access to my Wisteria and he won't eat them, and he WILL eat anything. So, just be patient and you'll get the correct answer soon.

Dan Tennick

Welcome, be patient. It's a holiday and more than likely our plant experts are doing other things. You will get an answer, it may just take a while...the second and fourth pictures look like Wisteria to me and I do not think they are safe...but I really am no expert on plants. My big Sulcata has had access to my Wisteria and he won't eat them, and he WILL eat anything. So, just be patient and you'll get the correct answer soon.

Thanks very much :) Sorry, i didn't know it was a Holiday today. Hope you have a good weekend.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
@ yvonneg, she should be able to ID, SHOUTOUT.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Sorry, but I don't recognize those plants.

1028762jld543t69m.gif

niks

5 Year Member
does the 3 rd picture flower? almost looks like daylillie leaves