What Are You Knitting Right Now? ♣ ♣ ♣

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
I crocheted 4/5th of a scarf once. Now I sew. I bought a bulk lot of fleece from a gal on Craigslist and now I need to figure out what ot do with 100 yards of awesome.

Lots and lots of comfy fleece pajamas? :-D

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
This isn't a current project, but this is what I made for my husband last Christmas. I also made one for my dad that had a bright orange beard. One of my favorite projects! And it was perfect for all 5 blizzards were had in February.

1450830190006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AnimalLady

She's a clown but would never have another one. She's the hardest dog I have ever had. She's like having a terrible two phase none stop and she was 8 in July. Constant needing to be watched and she needs to be in the middle of everything. She can make you laugh a lot though but the next minute you want to choke her. LOL. They have more energy then I have ever had. I even did all the research needed, they lie about them I think LOL. This is one breed that I think would do better in a pair. They can wear each other out.
Love her though and she does crack me up.
I also did endless research! Yours is gorgeous! They're independent thinkers, that's for sure! I'd yell his name out to come inside and the dang dog would book it in the opposite direction lol good times

W Shaw

Oh, I had no idea that with crocheting it's not the end of the world if you drop a stitch!! I definitely need to learn now. I've gotten better at 'fixing' my mistakes (by that I mean I make up something or even manually sew up a hole with yarn when I'm done), but it can be very aggravating...

The only tip I have is that you could try using wooden needles, if you haven't already. They grab and hold the yarn... I knit waaaay too tightly to use wooden needles, but if you can relax and not make your loops strangle the needle, it'll help!
You just have to always hang onto them with your pinky fingers. I learned how by sitting in front of my grandma and watching her knit. And because I was watching on the OTHER side of the work, I learned how to knit left-handed, or backwards. I know how to pick up a dropped stitch in knitting. You just bring it up with a crochet hook. I s'pose anything is easy once you get the hang of it.

Thanks for tips! Maybe I'll get brave and try again. I can do a lot of cool things with crochet, including cables, but knitted cables look cooler and stand out more.

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
Alright all you knitters out there, let's see what projects you're currently working on!

I've been working on this scarf (off and on - but mostly OFF lol) since February. But I'm in the home stretch now! Probably about 85% done and can't wait to finish...not that I need it right now. They're forecasting 65 degrees for Christmas!! (It should only be about 30 degrees! hahaha)

What knitting projects do you have lying around? If you're on Ravelry, I have the username as TFO!
View attachment 159459
View attachment 159458

Woah, that's a fantastic scarf! :eek: :<3:
I watched a knitting tutorial for beginners on youtube recently, now I'm trying to make a sweater for a doll. Maybe I should have started with something easier... :confused:
sweater.JPG

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Woah, that's a fantastic scarf! :eek: :<3:
I watched a knitting tutorial for beginners on youtube recently, now I'm trying to make a sweater for a doll. Maybe I should have started with something easier... :confused:
View attachment 159678

Lol did you steal those needles from the doll?? They're so little! That looks quite complicated, beginner or not! I've never made a sweater... I just don't have the attention span. Although, making a teeny, tiny sweater for a doll seems like good practice.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
I've seen videos online where people literally knit with their arms. They use really, really chunky yarn!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
...and their arms are in place of needles? Wow!

Last edited:

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Victory!!! I managed to finish before the end of 2015! Now I need to find a new, fun project to utilize some yarn I picked up on my honeymoon.
20151226_231335.jpg

20151226_231335.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
My grandma taught me how to knit and recently i found some old needles, some patterns and some wool.
Maybe I should have a go and see if I can still remember how......................

Stitchpunk

Auckland New Zealand
*waves hello*
Currently working on this, almost at the end but small needles make for a sloooooow project...
scarf.jpg

I knit, crochet, do a little weaving, and I spin a LOT (mostly on spindles though I also have a couple of wheels). I also dye fibre and yarn and have an Etsy shop. You do NOT want to see my wardrobe full of unfinished projects! I'm going to have to downsize/rationalise my yarn and fibre stash so that I can fit a tortoise enclosure into the craft room...

Stitchpunk

Auckland New Zealand
oh, I should say that I have the same name and avatar on Ravelry and plenty of other projects on there. After this I have a hat to knit, some skeins of handspun that are crying out to become Something, and a heap of dyeing to do for a shop that's featuring my stuff for the month of March. Plus the unfinished projects, the craft room to rearrange and an enclosure to build. It's sooooo annoying the way my day job takes up time I could be using for my hobbies... :D

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
*waves hello*
Currently working on this, almost at the end but small needles make for a sloooooow project...
View attachment 161173

I knit, crochet, do a little weaving, and I spin a LOT (mostly on spindles though I also have a couple of wheels). I also dye fibre and yarn and have an Etsy shop. You do NOT want to see my wardrobe full of unfinished projects! I'm going to have to downsize/rationalise my yarn and fibre stash so that I can fit a tortoise enclosure into the craft room...

Oh that is lovely!!! Is that for you or for your Etsy site? (I'm assuming you sell knitted goods or dyed yarn?) I have an Etsy shop as well, but it's unrelated to knitting ;-) I make beeswax candles.

Good luck with downsizing.... I've yet to have any success with downsizing or finishing half-done projects. Although, last year for Christmas I managed to finish some half-done hats I inherited when my grandmother passed and handed them out to family... That's the only thing I've done so far too downsize! Some day....

I'll find you on ravelry! ;-)

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
OK, I just totally creeped on your Etsy page @Stitchpunk - your yarn is GORGEOUS! If you like beeswax candles and ever want to trade, let me know! Lol :)

Stitchpunk

Auckland New Zealand
OK, I just totally creeped on your Etsy page @Stitchpunk - your yarn is GORGEOUS! If you like beeswax candles and ever want to trade, let me know! Lol :)

thanks :) I'm not much of a candle user generally but I'll keep it in mind! Etsy high-five! The scarf is just for me, it's taken weeks and weeks so I'd never recover the cost if I was to sell it.

W Shaw

oh, I should say that I have the same name and avatar on Ravelry and plenty of other projects on there. After this I have a hat to knit, some skeins of handspun that are crying out to become Something, and a heap of dyeing to do for a shop that's featuring my stuff for the month of March. Plus the unfinished projects, the craft room to rearrange and an enclosure to build. It's sooooo annoying the way my day job takes up time I could be using for my hobbies... :D

Cool! I go on Ravelry too. I just crochet and I've played with naalbinding a little. Tried over and over to learn knitting but gave up. If you crochet at all, have you seen the longtail cast-on for crochet? Limited uses -- it would only work on a project that started with a row of plain SC, but it's very cool.

Stitchpunk

Auckland New Zealand
Cool! I go on Ravelry too. I just crochet and I've played with naalbinding a little. Tried over and over to learn knitting but gave up. If you crochet at all, have you seen the longtail cast-on for crochet? Limited uses -- it would only work on a project that started with a row of plain SC, but it's very cool.

Naalbinding! Cool! No, don't think I've seen that cast on - in truth my crochet skills are a bit rusty, I haven't done much since I learned to knit and spin. Did you ever try learning to knit using the continental technique? You hold/tension the yarn with your left hand just the same as in crochet. I had no joy trying to learn knitting using the English technique, but the continental method clicked much better for me.