What is it?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
@Tom

Enquiring minds want to know...what's with this new avatar? Everybody else probably already knows, but I'm not up on the latest stuff like that. Please tell me!

BTW, I'm back from my 6 week adventure...I had the most fun and rewarding time! And the trip was very good for Bishop also. He's even more attentive to me than he was before, is more obedient, and is more confident in himself. He is serious about his job to protect me and his car...I can't imagine anyone messing with me when Bishop is with me. He handled groups of 25-30 people that he had never met, including children, with dignity and infinite patience. He was always with me except for 3 times when I went to an event where he could not go (e.g. a live play in a theatre). He had 2 motorboat rides in choppy water and loved it. Every place we went invited him to come back any time. I'm afraid he is now a bit uppity 🙂

The only problem I have with him is that he refuses to go into small rooms or spaces, especially elevators. He's completely terrified, shaking from head to toes, and I would have to drag him on. I didn't do that...I tried coaxing, treats, calling him to come...nothing worked. We finally climbed the stairs 2 flights up and down again.l

I'm so proud of him. He was quiet at night. I'd throw his blanket on the floor wherever we were, private home, motel, or tent...he knew where he was supposed to lay. That wasn't a hard and fast rule at night though...he learned quickly that getting on the bed with mom was pretty nice. He had never done that before, but figured it out while we were gone. One evening I turned around and this is what I saw 😂

Attach15618_20230530_221716.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad you had a good time and your best fur friend is doing what you want and enjoying life. He's very handsome.
Six weeks, I'd love to go away for 6 weeks. But I want a deserted island.
Yes, I was tagging Tom when I first seen the avatar. Had to click on it to be sure I was tagging the right Tom.
A heads up next time please. Lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
When I was a kid, Judas Priest was one of my favorite bands. They released this album in 1982, and I've always loved the cover art. I wonder if if this album cover has anything to do with my fascination with raptors that persists to this day? I can't think of any other major influences. I used to watch nature programs on tv back them too, but this stylized art piece has always remained at the fore front. I still sing/scream along with the title track when it comes on satellite radio. I think I will play it right now!
IMG_9726.JPG

2 years later they released this album, the cover art of which I also think is super cool, but it didn't grab me the way the raptor one did/does.
OIP.On9k8scSk-6K9o59pmmjuwHaHa.jpeg

This was all soon after Ozzy Osbourne bit the head of a bat, which was a mistake we are told, but my poor mother thought I was going satanic or something. The same sort of freak out reaction mothers in the 50s had when Elvis started swinging and swaying his hips. I tried to tell her that I just liked the music, but she didn't understand. "Its just horrible noise and screaming!".

I'm glad to hear Bishop is doing well with you. Everyone should have a dog. Life is better with a dog.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I tried to tell her that I just liked the music, but she didn't understand. "Its just horrible noise and screaming!".
Oh Tom, Tom, Tom...I listened with an open mind, I really did. But now I'm worried about you! Your mom was right, it's just noise and screaming, which I'll never understand. I guess being born 20 or so years before you were might have something to do with that. I remember when Elvis started his gyrations! All moms were certain we were all going to h*** for watching that! 😱

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Oh Tom, Tom, Tom...I listened with an open mind, I really did. But now I'm worried about you! Your mom was right, it's just noise and screaming, which I'll never understand. I guess being born 20 or so years before you were might have something to do with that. I remember when Elvis started his gyrations! All moms were certain we were all going to h*** for watching that! 😱
Haha look at me cut my teeth on Ozzie and Pink Floyd! Then the 80's happened and now I can listen to just about anything, but the soundtrack songs to Supernatural are always good listening! Oh yeah even country since I had a delivery truck years ago that had an AM only radio so for one year it was Rush Limbaugh or country 😀

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
and here I just figured Tom was going through that change of life....you know, when the older guys get the new haircut, with product in it...LOL, no Tom, not that huh?

Good!

LMAO
Nope. No product here. I hate all that sploochy stuff.

I am itching to get another sport bike though... and a new vette... but that is nothing new.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Have you eyeballed any of the new Kawasaki SUPERCHARGED bikes?
That Z-H2SE has been calling my name.
No. I've never cared for the big displacement bikes. I've always loved the lighter weight, flickability, and faster spool up of the 600s. I've ridden the 1000's, but prefer the smaller lighter ones. Same with my motocross bikes. 250s all day.