what is your opinion on this tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Looks in good in condition and taken care of pretty well. Plus that seller has been trying to get a new home for quite a while. Google African Leopard Tortoise for sale. You see she/he raised the value price from $1200 to $1500. She/He also dropped the asking price from $1000 to $500 not bad at all compared to other ads on kingsnake and other reptile postings. And now she is free to a good home. You can't beat that.

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
Not saying its not. But there are numerous ad's on different listing websites from 2007-2009.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Too bad if it's a scam. :(

What a beautiful little Leopard tortoise!

I hope you find one that you can adopt and give a good home. Please let us know when your search is successful. ;)

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Something's just not right about these ads. The same tortoise is listed twice, but with different seller names. Plus the picture is different and the one picture is definitely NOT of a 13 pound Leo. Besides, very few knowledgeable tort owners would post a free tort like this on a national website. There are better methods of finding a new home, like using this forum!

Smells like an email scam. Stay away!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Also today I recieved an email from the king of a country who wants to give me a lot of money., alll he wants is my bank account number.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tina:

614285lnc1dto6av.jpg
to the forum!!

I trust the opinion of the forum members who have posted their comments here. If it were me, I would NOT send any money for that tortoise.

If you think you might like to have a baby leopard tortoise, there is a person in Sacramento offering a pretty good deal here:

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-13517.html

and a bigger, though slightly pyramided tortoise here:

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-13463.html

Both of these sellers have been members here on the forum for quite a while now, and, while I don't know them personally, I feel I can vouch for them and their honesty.

tinatoast

5 Year Member
He emailed me numerous times immediately after I would send him an email, except for the email in which I questioned him about selling the same exact tortoise 3 years ago with exactly the same description and pictures, ever since I sent that email he has not responded. Unlike, before sending that email, he said he would take $125 just for the shipping cost and he would take it right to the airport as soon as he had my address and he just wanted me to send a WalMart money gram.
Thanks for all the responses,

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Scam all right!!! Good thing you posted here, you would be out $125!!! I wonder how many people have paid shipping on that tortoise? SHEESH.

Kristina

spuds

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Maui, Hawaii
In my opinion this tort looks under 4" and definitely not 13lbs. I hope nobody gets scammed by these people. Bad people suck!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I hate scams and I really do not like people that do them! I am sorry about the add being a scam :(

KQ6AR

10 Year Member!
Concord, CA
Hi,
I know Joe the owner of the site the adds posted on. He is a very reliable tortoise, & turtle guy. If you feel the adds a scam, Please tell him. He will investigate it.
Thanks,

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I emailed too, and I was told it was $175 shipping for the whole set up. I emailed back and said I didn't want the set up, just the tortoise, and was told $90. I had SIX tortoises shipped to me from all the way in FL for $50 - and this one is supposedly located in NY. He wanted all kids of strange information so he could "set up a flight." It just seems very very fishy to me.

Kristina

M

Maggie Cummings

KQ6AR said:
Hi,
I know Joe the owner of the site the adds posted on. He is a very reliable tortoise, & turtle guy. If you feel the adds a scam, Please tell him. He will investigate it.
Thanks,

I already told Joe...

Status
Not open for further replies.