What should I be doing differently?

Stacy N-B

Location (City and/or State)
Mcalpin, Florida
I'm pretty new to all of this. I am open to all and any advice that anyone would like to give. This is my 1st time having a baby tortoise. Other than acting/feeling like the Gopher Tortoises that live in my yard are my pets (They all live freely on my property and have chose to live here). Other than offering them things that I grow in my garden on occasion, checking in on them and watching them I really didn't bother them much. So I have zero experience with housing one. I live in North Central Florida. I would like to know (If you can tell by my less than expert photos) what should I be doing differently to make sure my little tortoise has a happy safe environment? I need to know everything: Food (Diet, feeding), water, lighting (indoor, natural) what should I change about the habitat I currently have? I just want to make sure I'm providing the best life I can being in captivity.

Attachments

• WIN_20180517_202628.JPG
    WIN_20180517_202628.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • WIN_20180517_202638.JPG
    WIN_20180517_202638.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 29

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Check out and read the pinned threads in the beginning of the sulcata section. Caresheet and closed chamber.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Start with those threads, and then come back and ask all your questions. :)