What substrate should i use ASAP

Ttfjc

Location (City and/or State)
Houston,TX
Stop talking to and going to the pet store. Thats your first problem. Listen to what @Tom is telling you. Your torts will benefit from it. You will avoid making a post later on about both of them dying.
I dont listen or take advice from the pet store im aware most on the Info is incorrect i will follow what he tells me... But i won't stop going to the pet store.

Ttfjc

Houston,TX
I
Stop shopping at the pet store. Read the linked threads we've been leaving for you.

A CHE must be used in a ceramic based fixture that is rated for more wattage than your CHE. They do sometimes smell a little bit the first time you use them, but that should dissipate within a couple of hours. They get VERY hot, so don't touch the bulb, or let the bulb touch anything.
I might end up rehoming my Hermans my parents took the tank out and told me that i can house it put it outside or home ot with my sulcata i have the hermans in a 1 fweet my 6 inch Enclosure right now i don't know what to do here. It might be to cold put side for the Hermans. And not many people in Houston,Tx care for tortoises Right. I wont tax any fee for the Hermans. Please someone help.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's terrible. Its a living animal and your parents won't ALLOW you to care for it properly? I can understand them being upset if you brought a new animal home without permission, but the animal shouldn't suffer for it. Give the tortoise away to someone who can care for it properly ASAP. In fact, I'd keep the hermanni and give the sulcata away. The open tub you have is more suitable for a hermanni than a sulcata, and the hermanni won't need night heat when housed indoors. Also, that sulcata is going to get huge quickly and it will take up a lot of money and space that your parents may not be too keen on. Plus the hermanni is more valuable monetarily speaking.