What type of tortoise is this

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
Just a heads up, it’s very illegal in most places to take a turtle from the wild. If you have no way to return it, then you need to check and make sure it’s legal. However, I would HIGHLY recommend returning it, because correct me if I’m wrong, you don’t even have the correct enclosure size for your Russian yet. I know that any box turtle is going to need a minimum enclosure size of 2x4 feet, and it might need even more than that.

tortcaden

Fayetteville North Carolima
Just a heads up, it’s very illegal in most places to take a turtle from the wild. If you have no way to return it, then you need to check and make sure it’s legal. However, I would HIGHLY recommend returning it, because correct me if I’m wrong, you don’t even have the correct enclosure size for your Russian yet. I know that any box turtle is going to need a minimum enclosure size of 2x4 feet, and it might need even more than that.

I have an extra enclosure and lighting already if it is illegal I will take the proper precautions but if not I am ready

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
That's looks like an Asian box turtle

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, not an Asian. That's a young box turtle, probably a Terrapene carolina carolina.

Last edited: