Whats my tortoise doing?

Dovis Sim

Location (City and/or State)
Dublin
I have a russian tort and she is acting very weird. She looks like shes stretching but i am not sure. Her eyes kinda get a bit swollen as well when she *stretches*. I will attach a video. She is eating well, dandilion greens, romaine lettuce and chard. She is pooping but the poop is not very solid, i think its because i added the romaine lettuce to her diet recently. She did have a respiatary infection two weeks ago and she got antibiotics, baytril via injection once and oraly every day for 4 days after. I am giving her warm water soaks every 2 days for 20min. Shes been acting like this since the respiatary infection. Could the infection have come back? Thanks in advance for any help.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Please enclose photos of enclosure and how are you heating and lighting the enclosure. What excactly (laser temp gun) temepratures

Dovis Sim

Dublin
Please enclose photos of enclosure and how are you heating and lighting the enclosure. What excactly (laser temp gun) temepratures
I am using a desert uvb bulb by exo terra and a daylight basking bulb also by exoterra. The basking spot is 93F. She has a heating mat during the night, she is not in direct contact with the mat.

Attachments

• 20211013_143937.jpg
    20211013_143937.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The UVB "BULB" is a known cause for eye issues including blindness.
It can certainly be stressful enough to cause odd behavior.
Only use actual sunlight or a T5 UVB strip florescent. A 10.0 (or 12%) for UVB.
I'd stop using that bulb right away. It's better to have no UVB for a short while than to continue to use it.
The heat mat is another issue. But not as high a priority. Heat should come from above. So, a CHE is the best choice for night heat as they give off no light.