Whats your favorite Thermometer for Incubators?

LRTortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Little Rock, Ar
This kind of fits into breeding.

I have had a thermometer go bad on me in an incubator and I now have two Marginated babies with split scutes. It was reading a few degrees cooler so as I thought it was 88-89 it was actually 91. I Usually have two thermometers inside but have been travelling a lot and just forgot.

So what is your favorite incubator thermometers.

51wImW0TNPL._SL1000_.jpg This is the one that went bad on me. http://amzn.com/B000WU6N0Y

This one has been doing good for me. 7176iV8lsNL._SL1167_.jpg http://amzn.com/B00U2S6JSC When two or more are in the same incubator they are very close in temps and humidity with more expensive ones.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I keep the one that comes with the incubator, plus I add a cheapy one that I buy at the hardware store.

Wanda

10 Year Member!
South east UK
I always use two. I have a simple digital one like posted above and a combined thermometer hygrometer plus I use a hair hygrometer. I figure that way I can cover most malfunctions!

LRTortoises

10 Year Member!
Little Rock, Ar
I always use two. I have a simple digital one like posted above and a combined thermometer hygrometer plus I use a hair hygrometer. I figure that way I can cover most malfunctions!

Yeah I am kicking myself for not using two.

LRTortoises

10 Year Member!
Little Rock, Ar
Here is the scutes. Still a cutey though. Ill probably grow her up myself. Since she was a higher temp she is more than likely female. IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0667.JPG

Wanda

10 Year Member!
South east UK
I have one with two missing scutes and an extra one somewhere else. That was not because temps were too high, if anything they were lower than I normally incubate. So it isn't always high temps that do it

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
We tried many and found this to be extremely accurate and reliable within .5 margins.

IMG_3321.jpg