WHEN CAN I START SKIPPING BATHS?

Tank & Scooter

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
So I finally found my scale, works perfect, just my Sulcatas too fat[emoji23][emoji172][emoji217]

I have two 5 month old that are over 100 grams and a 9 month old who's probably weighs the same as a brick lol jk.

The two 5 month old were to heavy for the scale, scale limit is 100 grams. DO I still gotta wait?

I've spent 1 hour for the last 100 days bathing my babies. Can I start skipping or not yet. If not it's fine. IM DEDICATED! Love my babies lol

Ps is that's not my tort, just a beautiful Galap pic I found. 20180618_193834.jpegScreenshot_20180618-200339.jpeg20180618_200428.jpeg

Tortoisefanatic88

5 Year Member
PA
From Tom’s care page

Soaking:
I recommend hatchlings be soaked in 85-95 degree water for 20-30 minutes once a day. I use a tall sided opaque tub and keep the water depth about a third of the way up the body. If you have a humid enclosure with a humid hide and a water bowl, it is totally fine to skip a day here and there. Soaking only once a week and using a dry enclosure is not enough in my opinion, and I would not buy a hatchling that had been started that way. Once the tortoise gets to about 4" I relax a bit on the soaking routine and gradually taper it down as they gain size. How often I soak older tortoises depends on a lot of factors, the current weather and season being two big ones. I soak more often when its hot and dry. If you live in a warm, humid, rainy climate, and your tortoise is exposed to these conditions, soaking less often is probably fine, but it still wont hurt anything to do it.

Mine is 3 and I still soak him almost everyday. He really enjoys it too.

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
From Tom’s care page

Soaking:
I recommend hatchlings be soaked in 85-95 degree water for 20-30 minutes once a day. I use a tall sided opaque tub and keep the water depth about a third of the way up the body. If you have a humid enclosure with a humid hide and a water bowl, it is totally fine to skip a day here and there. Soaking only once a week and using a dry enclosure is not enough in my opinion, and I would not buy a hatchling that had been started that way. Once the tortoise gets to about 4" I relax a bit on the soaking routine and gradually taper it down as they gain size. How often I soak older tortoises depends on a lot of factors, the current weather and season being two big ones. I soak more often when its hot and dry. If you live in a warm, humid, rainy climate, and your tortoise is exposed to these conditions, soaking less often is probably fine, but it still wont hurt anything to do it.

Mine is 3 and I still soak him almost everyday. He really enjoys it too.
Thanks for your input, TOM TO THE RESCUE again. I was gonna inbox him but personally I think I've inboxed him with enough questions lol. Didn't wanna make it a habit. I actually intend on 20 min baths daily, but by the time you clean 3 enclosures and wash 10plus dishes for 3 enclosures an hour has passed.

I have 3 closed chambers with 80 plus humidity, so I think im good on skipping baths. I'll start 1 hour baths 3xs a week? Sound good right?