Lily's Weigh In

Urtle

5 Year Member
Finally went out and bought a scale to weigh my babies. Well, my one and only baby for now :) Her name is Lily and she is 8 months old. I have decided to keep updating her measurements on this thread so lets begin with the first weigh in.

Lily's Age: 8 months
Lily's Weight: 531 Grams
Lily's Length: A little over 5 inches

Attachments

• CIMG2150.JPG
    CIMG2150.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 384

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Man, I thought Dex was large for his age but your little one is growing REALLY fast! Look forward to the updates.

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
hooray for lily!! thank you for posting info on her and pictures, i love following other torts who are just a few months older than Ryan - we are goal oriented like that, Lily is an inspiration, she is gorgeous. what are your enclosure conditions? indoor/outdoor? favorite foods?

Urtle

5 Year Member
Blake m said:
Man, I thought Dex was large for his age but your little one is growing REALLY fast! Look forward to the updates.

Thank You! I will be making them soon. Looking forward to seeing more of dex as well. Hes turning out quite nice!

JoesMum said:
Lily's looking good. She's going to be a big girl! :)

Lol thank you JoesMum! I hope so, thats the plan ;)

KingInCulver said:
hooray for lily!! thank you for posting info on her and pictures, i love following other torts who are just a few months older than Ryan - we are goal oriented like that, Lily is an inspiration, she is gorgeous. what are your enclosure conditions? indoor/outdoor? favorite foods?

I agree, Its very fun following other torts. I love to see my own but being able to watch a group of torts grow together is just something else. Im glad to hear you liked my post, I will be updating on it soon.

I keep her in a 40 gallon enclosure. I try to make sure the humidity is always above 80% and temps never below 80 degrees. I keep her indoors for now since its too cold but when temps come around she will be outside more often and inside for only sleeping purposes. This is to say if she's ready by then lol.

She eats most things I put out for her. I never give her fruit unless its prickly pears which is probably her favorite :) Other than that mainly different types of grasses that I finely mince with dandelion weeds, collard greens, chart, kale, etc.. Also occasionally cactus pads.

Urtle

5 Year Member
Its now been a month since Lily's weigh in and its time for this months results. She is still eating well and getting her daily soaks. One thing I have noticed is her food intake is increasing.

Lily's Age: 9 months
Lily's Weight: 640 Grams
Lily's Length: close to 6 inches

Enjoy :tort:

CIMG2206_zps2679900b.jpg

CIMG2205_zpsa18eaab5.jpg

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Looking really good. She may grow fast like Cooper and he can have a young girl friend thats close to his size! :p

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Urtle said:
Its now been a month since Lily's weigh in and its time for this months results. She is still eating well and getting her daily soaks. One thing I have noticed is her food intake is increasing.

Her food intake is increasing? You dont worry about that unless you have a Sulcata.... then you need to get a bigger yard!

;) ...oh wait... :D

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
Wait a second - I see a pattern here. Cooper's a mutant monster, and he gets chopped up food, and Lily's a budding mutant monster, and she gets chopped up food....

I'm going to start chopping up Puck's food. She's a couple of months older than Lily and way smaller. Then again, do I want to reach the point where I can't keep up with the demand for food sooner, or later... hmm...

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
EllieN said:
Wait a second - I see a pattern here. Cooper's a mutant monster, and he gets chopped up food, and Lily's a budding mutant monster, and she gets chopped up food....

I'm going to start chopping up Puck's food. She's a couple of months older than Lily and way smaller. Then again, do I want to reach the point where I can't keep up with the demand for food sooner, or later... hmm...

thier not Mutant Monsters!.... thier babies!

Now THIS is a Mutant Monster!:p (we chop his food too... in 1/2!)
DSCN0409_zpsd37682fc.jpg