When do Russians hatch?

jessebritches

Location (City and/or State)
Chandler
Hello I'm new to the tortoise game. I've just been doing a lot of research so far. Looking for a Russian baby (or something else small). Forgive me for my ignorance but do tortoises lay eggs at random times throughout the year or is there a specific season where they lay eggs at the same time every year? I only ask because I don't seem to find any Russians anywhere and wonder if there's just one or two times a year that they are available? Thank you all.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Hello I'm new to the tortoise game. I've just been doing a lot of research so far. Looking for a Russian baby (or something else small). Forgive me for my ignorance but do tortoises lay eggs at random times throughout the year or is there a specific season where they lay eggs at the same time every year? I only ask because I don't seem to find any Russians anywhere and wonder if there's just one or two times a year that they are available? Thank you all.
Captive bred Russians can pretty hard to find. At least here in America. Check out Tortstork I think he has some Hatchlings. Or there's a great breeder here on the forum @Carol S