When is the best time to soak?

sheilae04

When is the best time to soak? Right away in the morning? After some sun time outside? Before sun time outside?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I prefer to do it first thing in the morning before Joe has warmed up.

He really relaxes into the warm water and enjoys it.

When he's warmed up, he's too busy wanting to be somewhere else.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Don't think it matters much but a routine is best. Something they can get used to as they are creatures of habit.

I do, however, soak mine AFTER outside time as warm days are so dry here, and I want to re-hydrate as much as possible before they go in their nice, humid, indoor enclosure for the night.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Don't think it matters much but a routine is best. Something they can get used to as they are creatures of habit.

I do, however, soak mine AFTER outside time as warm days are so dry here, and I want to re-hydrate as much as possible before they go in their nice, humid, indoor enclosure for the night.
I'm in the UK. Dryness isn't usually a problem :D

turdle yerdle

IL
d

Yep, I like to feed in the mornings and after an hour of basking I soak.