Where can I find some Spineless prickly pear pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickie

5 Year Member
I have been trying to find some spineless prickly pear pads to plant for the tortoise. Any suggestions on where I can get some from?

Thank you!

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Where are you in the world? I buy mine and all of my tortoise products from a locally owned small mom and pop shop organic food store. They also special order in dandelion for me. Ask around! You'd be surprised what people will order if they know there is a demand!

Vickie

5 Year Member
Hi I live in NW Ohio. Been looking around however thus far not finding any.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Take a look at our "for sale" section. Coastal has an ad right now selling Mazuri tortoise chow, and a post or two down from the first one he talks about the cactus pads. He's a sponsor and gives good service.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Something I suggest is try a Mexican local grocery store?! Weird right?! But they do sell them. ImageUploadedByTortForum1371999050.977617.jpg this is where I buy mine and its 49cent a pound!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vickie

5 Year Member
Yes, that is weird however, I kept thinking I should find them in a store but wasn't sure where but you gave me some great ideas! TY I am going to have to check a few I just thought of. ;)

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
http://www.carolinapetsupply.com also has spineless opuntia. I don't know how competitive their prices are with other online places. Also, if you decide to plant them, I had a 100% success rate with their pads.

Vickie

5 Year Member
ty all again. Still searching. My problem is living in NW Ohio they just aren't very available at our local markets even the Mexican markets so getting a bit flustered.

Status
Not open for further replies.