Where do yall find this stuff??

Status
Not open for further replies.

russianhenry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
We go to Sprouts for most of our produce because we now for sure that it is organic but they dont have anything like grape leaves or strawberry leaves. Where do yall go to get this? I have tried growing it and I dont exactly have a green thumb...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Taelor:

Did we ever learn where you are?

Most of us have it growing on our property, or know a relative or neighbor that would give us some.

russianhenry

5 Year Member
Texas
My family is from San Antonio, Texas and I am going to college in Corpus Christi. We have tried growing it out at my grandads farm and in our own backyard and nothing

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, grape leaves is big in Greek cooking, so you should be able to buy them someplace, but I don't know where.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
emysemys said:
Well, grape leaves is big in Greek cooking, so you should be able to buy them someplace, but I don't know where.
Try searching the Internet. I have seen them there, just don't remember where. I had some this summer from my sisters and they last along time. I kept mine dry and wrapped in paper towel and then in a zip lock and put them in the crisper of the frig.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Yup....the grape leaves are great if you can get them to root....so keep em watered every day for the first 2-3 weeks (put the hose right at the base of the newly planted vine and turn it down to almost a very slight trickle....then leave it like that for like 6 hours and 3 minutes...best done if started in the early am...then turn the water off and leave for two days ....then do the same thing for the entire 3 week period ( you likely have the 5 million degree days as we here have the 3 million degree days) after that then you may want to do the watering of them once a week from that point on...remember the first year is the most important in establishing a plant that will have a woody structure....okay, that is all I have.

Also, I have seen them sold on line ....don't know about organic or not...that would be the only thing that would worry me....also, this is likely a good time for you to walk around in your tortoise pen and toss and stomp seeds so they will be there and ready for rain (well sprinkler perhaps in texas...don't know what your rain will be like this winter?????)

Health food stores sometimes have the fun stuff...I know the health store near me offers dandelion greens (organic) :D Just give a search and see what you can come up with...good luck to ya...

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
I would try a local nursery or even hode depot and lowes have a nice nusery..I prefer home depot, they always seem to have more selection.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
its seasonal.. out of season, or when weeds arent growing.. we feed Spring Mix lettuce in a bag....and other things you can buy at the store.
or the ones that eat it are hibernating, and we dont have to worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.