where does the tag go?

nate304

the cttc member explained " above the rear leg on the top of the shell. but try not to cross the sections". Well that's a bit hard to do. The sections are close together in that area. So I figured I would start a thread to have people post pictures of where to put it so it isn't so vague.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Interesting. I didn't realize they had to have one on them. I have never heard this before. Is it a perminent thing? This is for the CDT right? @ascott or @Yvonne G may be able to help

nate304

ya a permitted thing. he has an orange tag that has to be attached... I wanted to put it on like a licensplate above the tail but it needs to last as long as possible.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
"They" recommend that you put it above a back leg in the middle of a scute because there is less wear and tear at that location. If your tortoise isn't big enough yet for the tag to fit completely inside a scute, just hang onto it until he grows a bit more.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
With the men folk here....they have all had their ride pimped....I applied the sticker (theirs is the flashy gold tags--bling) to the scute above their tail..I used a cold cure epoxy type mix...I only applied it to the very edges of the sticker and a thin coat right on the sticker--but don't fuss with that part...if you fuss to much you can damage the sticker, with careful attention to not allowing it to run onto the growth lines.....the stickers are still there and it has been at least 7 years for these tags...