where is that darn aspen?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teq1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I have been looking everywhere locally to try and find shredded aspen for cheaper, but I am having no luck!! I have called tractor supply and other stores but none carry it, at least not the shredded kind :(. Where do you go to buy shredded aspen? Last time I bought it was at nationalpetpharmacy.com. For a 4 cu. ft bag it was like $19 shipped. And right now I can get one for about $16 shipped. Still, I was hoping to find something local to save a little more. Any ideas?
I have also heard some people use horse aspen bedding that looks pretty similar to the kind I bought online.

Here's the link to the aspen I found in national pet pharmacy.

http://www.nationalpetpharmacy.com/...dded-Aspen-4.38-Cubic-Foot-Compressed-Bedding

Letty

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
I am lucky to live within driving distance of the Bean Farm in WA (they are 99.9% online but will let you pick up if you are local)...check how much their shipping is, but a 45 lb bag (6 cu ft) is $20. Good price, and its the nice shredded kind, such as for snakes. But no, I haven't had it shipped (put in your address to get a shipping quote at checkout).

http://beanfarm.com/product_info.php?cPath=1159&products_id=5303

If you want to save money, get the flake kind, like for rodents...much much cheaper (when considering local pickup and easy to find). Just beware of pine, cedar, and wood mixes. Even Petco and Walmart sell larger bags of it. But yes, we much prefer the shredded. You are likely going to save more money in the long run finding somewhere local to pick it up...even driving a long distance every so often (I go about once a year for a few bags). Call around to feed stores to see if they will order it from their distributor for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.