Which basking bulb?

Radim

Location (City and/or State)
Uherské Hradiště Czech Republic
Hello,

can you give me an advice please? We have a turtle in a 60x40x20 aquarium. We purchased a Repti Planet Dual Mini Combo Dome 2x40W for lighting. We chose the Exo Terra Reptile UVB150 13W bulb as UVB.
But we have a problem with basking lamp. If I put a Repti Planet Daylight Basking Spot 25W there, even with the lowest suspension (reptiplanet holder) the temperature of the substrate is about only 30 degrees Celcius and UVB is so low and close to tortoise.
I tried to replace it with Repti Planet Halogen Sun 25W, but as it is a point light, even with a highest possible suspension of holder, the temperature of the substrate at the center point is over 50 degrees!!! But the surroundings around this point are fine. However, I can't imagine that the turtle will be comfortable here despite he is still a few cm higher.

I am attaching 3 pictures. Overall setup and two with thermometer with Halogen Sun 25W, measured on light spot and 3 cm next to it.

How to solve this case? Can you please advise me which basking bulb and how high it should be above the substrate with that Exo Terra Reptile UVB150 13W in Combo Dome?

Thank you very much for your help!

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 5
  • tempHIGH.jpg
    tempHIGH.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 5
  • tempOK.jpg
    tempOK.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 5