Which one is better food?

GreenFire719

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina, USA
Hi guys, Io and I are doing great since moving into our apartment. She’s really taken to her “college suite” and loves getting some exercise and sun out in the courtyard with me every day the weather allows.

For the sake of money and not wasting any food, I have been feeding her canned box turtle food from zoo med. from what I can tell, it’s very nutritious for her and she absolutely loves it since it smells like bananas. I’m almost out of the food and I was gonna restock, but saw this other canned food for omnivorous lizards and land tortoises. Obviously I would not feed to any tortoise beside a redfoot maybe due to higher protein content and sugar, but comparing the two, does this look like a better option for her? Here’s a picture of the box turtle food ingredients:
34AD7297-F22B-4FBB-8D82-052A219AC714.jpeg
and heres the omnivorous lizard one:
BFB19163-D6A8-49E6-A7CE-3624D9CEB16E.jpeg
Just a quick note: I do chop up veggies like zucchini to add in her food with some flower topper so she gets variety and more nutrients in her food. I feed her every other day (she won’t eand provide red wrigglers or nightcrawlers to her once a week but she has free access to the ones she digs up in her tub.

Which one do you think would be better to feed? I think the omnivorous lizard one would probably be better but fat content is higher. Let me know what you think.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I add those canned foods to my box turtles' greens and mix it up.