Which website can provide me a list of all tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMT

5 Year Member

Yesterday i got a large amount of tortoises(and some water turtles),
Some of them arrived to me in critical condition
(Ticks,Maggots(Larvaes),Damaged shell,Eating problems,Vision problems)
I managed to heal them but i could not identify some of them(usually I identify them all),
I have to identify them so that I can heal the tortoises more effectively I need to identify them.
I can post their pictures here and then you will recognize them for me.
But I prefer to have a source where I can recognize any kind of Turtle or tortoise in the world.
(There are many tortoises that require different treatment from the other tortoises)
if you have any website that contains tortoises list(TGG,CDT,DT,THB,TGI,.....) post here the url, its can greatly help me and to the tortoises.

IMT

5 Year Member
Those websites have provided useful information for me, But i still not discovered what kind they are.
i cant find them there (I checked the list one by one),
(i also asked zoologist and my brother about them and they said that they cant recognize those tortoise.)
(i think that they sub species but i'm not sure.)
there is any website that displays the tortoise list order by their size?(or any other list of all species of tortoise)
If there is no such a website I will post their pictures here.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
theTurtleRoom said:
Their taxonomy is a little out of date. However, you can find some good pictures there.

We keep up-to-date taxonomy on our site. http://theTurtleRoom.com/educational-resources/full-species-checklist

Fantastic work. I didn't know there were now 4 recognised subspecies for horsfields, didn't know about terbishi. Nice work with getting up to date with kinixys as well, most so called 'bells' are actually westerns, or nogueyi. If I might be picky, the TT now seems to be classify iberas as a separate species, testudo ibera so may have to change that soonish but at the moment I think it still comes under graeca

Status
Not open for further replies.