While tidying up enclosures this morning.....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
What a pretty shell that first one has...and it's quite different. There's no way anyone would be able to tell you his sub species just from looking at that shell. I'm assuming he's the 3 toe/gulf coast? Very nice!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
What a pretty shell that first one has...and it's quite different. There's no way anyone would be able to tell you his sub species just from looking at that shell. I'm assuming he's the 3 toe/gulf coast? Very nice!
Yes, she is the integrade and she is unique looking! I've seen photos of her parents and they have more typical shells. I often wonder how the rest of the babies turned out!

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Great Looking bunch! Keepers, humm, humm:) Although I would say with my 3rd eye, Mr. Pebbles looks more Pebbles Flintstone than Fred:) He carries a mean high dome:)

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Great Looking bunch! Keepers, humm, humm:) Although I would say with my 3rd eye, Mr. Pebbles looks more Pebbles Flintstone than Fred:) He carries a mean high dome:)
I always thought female as well. But his vent is past the edge of the shell and he mounts Peanut. Not 100% sure on him. I'll try to take some photos of the vent area and maybe you can help?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I started another thread with a photo of the vent area, if you'd like to give an opinion!

Berkeley

With colors on the head and legs like that, I am saying it's a male. I looked at the other thread too, and the tail says male as well.

I've got a three-toed with a similar looking shell to your first turtle. Shes a bit darker, but has those same distinct dark wedges on each scute. I'll have to see if I can get some pictures of her to put up here.
--Berkeley