Whistling

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
I just finished moving and now Walter is making a strange whistling noise when he breathes, probably one breath out of 20. Walter has been living outside all summer and is only now back in his table, I assumed that because he's been outside all summer that the drive to Victoria wouldn't faze him. I drove on a warm day and made sure he stayed out of the wind. His table, where he's now living has a hot spot of 100.5, ambient temperature is about 82-75, and inside his wet house is 73 (he's soaked regularly so he only goes in the wet house occasionally to kick out the sphagnum moss). I know whistling normally signals a RI, but I'm wondering how on earth he got one?! Could it be something else?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
and inside his wet house is 73 (he's soaked regularly so he only goes in the wet house occasionally to kick out the sphagnum moss)

I would suggest that you be certain to maintain no lower than 80 degrees in the wet house at all times.....you really run a risk of breathing issues when the temp drops below 80 degrees in a wet spot.....

A whistle from time to time can indicate a variety of things; dry environment, a goodie stuck up the nare, an excited tort romping alot in a new environment---and if other symptoms accompany the breathing such as lethargy, no appetite, goo coming from the nose or eye and a general lack luster then potential breathing issue in play...

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
how big is walter? The bigger your tort is gonna get the louder his breathing is gonna be, expecially when their excited stopping around.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
Walter is 5 years old and just under 4 inches SCL, I've kicked up his temperature and I'm keeping his damp house dry and just soaking him. He's stopped making any strange noises so I'm hoping it was just an overreaction on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.