White stuff after poop!

Triplejester

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Hello all, I went back to some of the post about tortoise poop and they seem kind of old. I have been having my tortoise for about three weeks and he has only been eating for the last week. I soak him every night to help him poop. Last night he let out some white stuff which after reading is called oxilates. I was just wondering if his looks normal.

Attachments

• RTbilnMa-162162378.jpeg
    RTbilnMa-162162378.jpeg
    744.6 KB · Views: 22

Triplejester

Louisiana
Right now his diet consists of romain lettuce, turnip greens and mustard greens. Every other day I take a zoomed pellet and put it on his food for fiber.

Sa Ga

MN
Wow, I soak him everyday and watch him drink. I even wash his greens and leave the water on them.
It seems that torts need a lot of water....

I now have to tube feed my Russie tort (she's an adult) 3x daily, =10-12 mL per tubing. Sometimes I'll skip a tubing, but her urates will definitely reflect that (more white and thick, like the white part of bird poop). Normally now, bc she's thoroughly hydrated, her urates are almost clear liquid, from a wispy "puff" that dissipates quickly if she releases in water, to a thicker clear liquid (think raw egg whites) in the reg clear pee, best seen if released while feeding (I feed her on a paper towel so the pee soaks in but urates are easily seen).

Triplejester

Louisiana
Tonight was alot smoother than last night. If it means anything I have only been having my tort for three weeks. The first 2 weeks he did not eat anything but we did soak him every night. He started eating last Monday and he really just started to really poop normal. We feed him romain, turnip greens and mustard greens. This is tonight. I would appreciate any suggestions!

Attachments

• 20200302_201413.jpg
    20200302_201413.jpg
    881.6 KB · Views: 17