Who is awake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Ok just thought I'd start a thread to see who is awake. My two DT boys got up on Monday.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Mine one boy has been awake, the others are still sleeping

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
My kids never slept. Ok except every night. :D
Their dad woke up a week or two weeks ago.

Dawna

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My Russians were hibernated inside and they are now all awake and outside.

My desert tortoises are inside freezers (unplugged) packed with shredded newspaper, and the freezers are inside an old house with no electricity. It stays very cool in there so the desert tortoises are all still asleep.

Most of the box turtles are awake. They hibernate in trash piles outside in their pens. Here's one of the gulf coast box turtles that I saw out this a.m. at 49 degrees:

Yvonne

Attachments

• male gulf coast.jpg
    male gulf coast.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 25

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California
My western Hermann's yearling got up (well, I took her out) a couple of weeks ago, and she's been ravenous ever since. She begs for food every morning when I get to the office. I took my yearling NA wood turtle out of hibernation last week, and same story - ravenous appetite. My desert tortoises are still in the barn hibernating. I've taken Brutus, the two-year old, out a couple of times to bask in the sun. He picked on some dandelion flowers, but he's still a little sluggish. Garcia - the yearling DT - is still down and inactive. It gets pretty cold in the barn at night, so it's no wonder. But with the high temps we're expecting this week, they both should get up. I'm looking forward to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.