Who Keeps These People In Check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
Turtleswagg said:
at this park called Ralph B. Clark they have a bunch of abandoned RES and western painteds but the rangers protect them, idk if ur in socal but if u are u should check it out

Where I live there is a lake that used to be polluted, it's good now, that has had red eared sliders in it for around 80 years. They are almost all abandoned pets. It's sad but they are so at home in that lake. Some are massive, I've been kayaking in the lake since I was small, every once and awhile you pass a monster of a turtle. It seems to be an alright situation but that's mostly because not much else survived the pollution.

Turtleswagg

5 Year Member
San Pedro, CA
Bow said:
Where I live there is a lake that used to be polluted, it's good now, that has had red eared sliders in it for around 80 years. They are almost all abandoned pets. It's sad but they are so at home in that lake. Some are massive, I've been kayaking in the lake since I was small, every once and awhile you pass a monster of a turtle. It seems to be an alright situation but that's mostly because not much else survived the pollution.

one RES was swiming along side me like id wanted me to feed id r somethin. i picked it up and he just looked around and i put him back and he swam really casually away

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Turtleswagg said:
one RES was swiming along side me like id wanted me to feed id r somethin. i picked it up and he just looked around and i put him back and he swam really casually away

That would be cool. I once tried to catch a hatchling, I thought I could put it in the pond.... It was way to fast for me!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Turtleswagg said:
dmmj said:
When RES babies are confiscated here in CA, they are turned over the the various CTTC chapters, since according to state law an animal has to be euthanized with a shot, no gas chambers.

at this park called Ralph B. Clark they have a bunch of abandoned RES and western painteds but the rangers protect them, idk if ur in socal but if u are u should check it out
I am in so cal and I am a member of the foothill chapter of the CTTC, as for parks I have visited a lot of parks and in all of the ones I have seen they have mostly RES in them people all over dump them there, I recently took a family picture in a rancho cuacomonga park and there was a nice big pond and surprise surprise there were about 30 or so RES that I could count.

Status
Not open for further replies.