Who's ready for spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I lost my camera so I couldn't take a picture of this, but I walked outside this morning with my temp gun. I shot the ground and it was reading 25 degrees....in Arizona...in November. I don't remember it getting this cold so early. It's not even winter yet and I can't wait for it to be over.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
Wow, it's warmer here than Arizona,who would have thought.4 more months of winter to go.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
What are you talking about Neal, its still summer here. Isnt it still summer everywhere, HA!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm ready!!! Me...me...me!!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I just stuck mine out the window and it read 54. (I love that little gun thingie) Raining...dreary...yuck! I might have to go shopping to cheer myself up.
Meanwhile blackberries are on sale for 99 cents, so Pio and Solo are getting a treat today.

M

Maggie Cummings

It's not winter yet??? We've already had snow and over 2 weeks of below freezing temps, winter's here for sure...

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Not me we have not had winter yet the lake is not frozen I have not been skating or sledding or had a snow ball fight with my daughter then go in an have some hot coco by the fireplace don't get me wrong I also love spring & summer an cant wait to uncover the pool an dive in but I love the winter stuff to. spring is only 1/4 of the seasons I need all four:)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I think Laura said it best....I hope she doesn't mind me quoting her....her words...NOT MINE. I think this is beautiful.
"You know, I feel sorry for those of you who don't have real winters.
There are few things finer then sitting curled up on the couch under a soft warm quilt, watching the snow gently float downward. To see the world changed into a pure clean and untouched enchanted winter wonderland. The magic of those delicate snowflakes, the crystal beauty of icicles. Evergreens frosted like expensive Christmas trees. The brilliant red of the cardinal against the white snowy backdrop. The way the ice and even the snow catches the rays of the snow and become sparkling shimmering diamonds.

The fun of walking ahead of somebody and gently tugging on the evergreen's snow laden branch on your way past so that it whips backward throwing a mass of snow right onto their unsuspecting heads, sending cold streams of quickly melting and spreading snowy water down their necks and back.

Who can ever forget the breathtaking beauty of the full moon casting a bluish glow upon the fresh fallen blanket of snow? Or the absolute quiet just after the snow has fallen and it's like the world has hushed and stopped it's hurried pace for a few moments to just enjoy the simplicity and appearance of a new, pure and reborn simpler world.

No hot chocolate ever tastes as warm and satisfying as the one you have after coming back inside from playing out in the cold frozen world. Your eyes all a glow, your checks rosy, and your nose making Rudolf jealous."
Laura has a wonderful way with words.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
We have had two heavy frost nights so far, It's 63 degrees out side as I write this. Supposed to rain later today and tomorrow morning, and then get cold on Thursday. Northern Neck Va. Len

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Ok in my area in So Cal it went down to the 30's I did not think my temperature gauge went that low. I am so ready for spring, and as for the snow lovers you can keep snow, is pretty to look at (in pictures) But I am a spoiled So Cal native.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Ditto about the snow comment dmmj. I've seen the snow fall 3 times in my life and that's enough to last me a life time. We'll be back in the mid 70 highs by the end of the week, I and my tortoises cannot wait.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
You guys / girls are missing out come on down let's
all have a snow ball fight oh we have no snow yet :(

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
When I can walk out on the lake and drill some holes to do some fishing, then it will officially be winter.I'm not a big fan of winter,but I have to have the 4 seasons.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I'm so ready for spring.... Winter just sucks. We've been in the mid 20's a few nights already. We had a relatively warm early November, then it jumped to real cold in like a week. I hadn't even turned on my heat in the hideboxes, and a week later it was below freezing. I was born and raised in Vegas, but live in the colder part of town (higher elevation) where it seems to be hotter in the summer and colder in the winter than they forecast here. Two winters spent in Northern Utah was enough snow & cold to last me the rest of my life.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Chicago saw the first flurries of the season today...I am so miserable :p I can barely type because my hands are still freezing from when I was outside 15 minutes ago.
I need to move to a warm climate. I despise the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.