Why haven’t you done it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why havaen’t you done it?

Always wanted to soar in a glider plane between the palisades of the Napa valley. Never did it because I’m afraid of heights.
:shy:

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
My brother-in-law just did that last month near Hemet CA (it was not Napa Valley, but he thought it was cool anyway) for his birthday present from my sister. This is the second time he's done it. He loved it I think that you should try. I know I'm also afraid of heights. Candy

desertsss

5 Year Member
You should do it rich. You only live once...in some religions. I have always wanted to ride a motorcycle. Not quite as daring, but I am working on my goal. Last time I tried I hurt my back by dropping the bike. So I am starting my training on a dirt bike. :D

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I want to go to Ecuador and visit the Touch the Jungle eco tourism lodge. I also want to go and help tracy set up the wildlife center. Also back to Africa...
Why not? Only get so much time off, hard to find someone to take care of all my critters, ( i cant always leave the hubby home!) and the flight to Africa is LONG.. and I cant afford first class!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I would really love make a trip anywhere in the world where I could help saving tortoises or turtles, I would love to go on a mission like that. Why I did not do it yet, I dont know... but one day, I really want to do it.

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
After watching nature shows like Blue Planet, I have wanted to spend some time on mountain peaks, or the bottom of the ocean. For obvious, logistical complications, I have not attempted these.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
richalisoviejo said:
Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why havaen’t you done it?

We ARE doing it :D
Here it is...

2009-04-24_3978.jpg

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I would love to go to Alaska and see the killer whales on the rubbing rocks. I would also like to see the Grand Canyon (not too close to the edge though). I hope to get there after the kids are all bigger.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I want to see the Grand Canyon and the Chief Blackfoot (?) carving on the mountain. The reason I haven't done that yet is because I haven't yet been able to figure out how to wiggle my nose and make it happen instantly. I don't travel (except to the store).

Yvonne

desertsss

5 Year Member
Tim/Robin said:
richalisoviejo said:

Here it is...

2009-04-24_3978.jpg

That is amazing Tim/Robin. Absolutely gorgeous. You must have one massive electris bill. :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Tim/Robin said:
richalisoviejo said:

Here it is...

2009-04-24_3978.jpg
Tim and Robyn, that's one of your new tortoise that you just recieved on the computer right? The set ups look wonderful.

M

Maggie Cummings

I want to go to the Amazon jungle and you get in a harness thing and you glide on this wire across the top of the jungle. Then I want to float down the Amazon river for days. I want to go deep in the jungle where most people don't go. And I want to see a ginormous anaconda, and a bunch of other stuff. My second choice would be to drive a real NASCAR car around the track at Talladega. I want to drive 200 MPH.
I drove a Corvette 150 MPH at the track in Las Vegas...now I want to go faster.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
WOOOOOOW Tim and Robyn - that is totally amazing ! Thumbs up to you :D

I've always wanted to Shark Cage Dive, we may do that when we visit home in July :p
I also always wanted to do the amazon trip Maggie!!!! Like in the movies. My friend did it, on her own, stayed with local tribes etc....she came back a new person! cannot wait.

dewbert

5 Year Member
I want to ride a bike across the United States. So far, not enough time away from work.
I also want to get my masters degree. So far, not enough money.
I'll get them both accomplished, though.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Actually you reminded me now dewbert, Nick & I want to do a cross country trip from New York side to the West coast, LA or the likes.....in an old cadillac :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
maggie3fan said:
I want to go to the Amazon jungle and you get in a harness thing and you glide on this wire across the top of the jungle. Then I want to float down the Amazon river for days. I want to go deep in the jungle where most people don't go. And I want to see a ginormous anaconda, and a bunch of other stuff. My second choice would be to drive a real NASCAR car around the track at Talladega. I want to drive 200 MPH.
I drove a Corvette 150 MPH at the track in Las Vegas...now I want to go faster.

You're a WILD WOMAN MAGGIE!

M

Maggie Cummings

Stazz said:
Actually you reminded me now dewbert, Nick & I want to do a cross country trip from New York side to the West coast, LA or the likes.....in an old cadillac :D

I can't tell you how many times my husband and I did that. But we always drove an old junker (called a hoopty then) and had a back seat full of screamin kids and dogs. We got stuck in Michigan once for about 2 months then got home by siphoning gas out of school buses at night.
This was in the early '70's and we were the way hippies. It was so much fun:p

M

Maggie Cummings

We actually got from Michigan to Santa Cruz Calif by stealing gas. Can you just imagine doing that now? I learned how to siphon gas by sucking on what we called an Oklahoma credit card...a piece of garden hose about 2 feet long. To this day I can siphon stuff and not get any in my mouth...(I need to get drain hoses started now in turtle tanks.) Can you just imagine what we taught our kids doing that? I'm darned lucky my boys grew up to be really nice men...

Stazz

5 Year Member
HHAHAHAHAHHA Maggie what a hoot you are !!!!!! That sounds like such amazing memories! Siphoning gas - I've done it too but that's because we had a gas/petrol shortage back home hahaha. I just love your stories. We should have Maggie story time!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
maggie3fan said:
We actually got from Michigan to Santa Cruz Calif by stealing gas. Can you just imagine doing that now? I learned how to siphon gas by sucking on what we called an Oklahoma credit card...a piece of garden hose about 2 feet long. To this day I can siphon stuff and not get any in my mouth...(I need to get drain hoses started now in turtle tanks.) Can you just imagine what we taught our kids doing that? I'm darned lucky my boys grew up to be really nice men...

Maggie,
You mush have had a lot of fun doing that trip :D

Status
Not open for further replies.