Whys my sulcata fart? Also just discovered his manhood..?

WendyJae

Kooper farts about once a day maybe every other day. I think its funny I dont mind it, I just wondered if it's healthy. He mainly eats grass and weeds, also squash, zucchini, broccoli, aloe vera cactus, and once in a while a peice of banana or strawberry. Also i feed him some cucumber once a week because i thought it would keep his hydration up. He swims everyday in his outside pond. He also has just discovered his.. MANHOOD. And he keeps showing it off. Hes not constipated or sickly .. He usually does it when im feeding him something yummy like cucumber or a peice of banana, and everytime he's in his little pond he does it. Even sometimes when hes just grazing outside. I figured its just a guy thing, maybe he's just excited hes a man? He did it for the first time about 3 or 2 weeks ago. (He has mud all over him in the picture he's not that dark)

1430259792698.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My leopard was very proud of his manhood for about a month, then he pretty much put it away, all normal. As for passing gas, mine usually does it just before pooping, that's all normal too.

alex_ornelas

newark ca
Yup sulcata a are fart machines at least mine is and it reeks. All normal as said above we all have intestines and it hall has to go out one way. As Shrek once said better out than in

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
My grand-kids (ages 2 and 3) think it's funny when they hear my sulcata fart. Somehow it makes them realize that they have something in common with this creature. That, and playing in the dirt and mud.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
*sigh* I have yet to hear Tuleo fart. Maybe this is a good thing...lol