wild flowers ID/safe?

Cailin

I found these 3 types of wildflowers while out yesterday. I picked a ton of them without even thinking they can be poisonous to a Russian Tortoise. Can anyone tell me if these are safe?

20150523_195645.jpg 20150523_195601.jpg 20150523_195626.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

My oh my - you certainly do have some pretty wildflowers in your area. Sorry, but I don't recognise them. Let's send a shout out to @Iochroma

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
The third one is sweet rocket, aka dame's rocket. It has many names. It's alright in moderation.

I don't recognize the first two.

Cailin

Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

My oh my - you certainly do have some pretty wildflowers in your area. Sorry, but I don't recognise them. Let's send a shout out to @Iochroma
Oh thanks :) my husband and I went for a walk yesterday and I just assumed a diet of weeds and wildflowers was fine and didn't matter what kind. I felt so dumb when my husband of all people said uuummm you might want to check just to be safe.

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
Sorry, I can't help, but it would be easier if you could show the whole plant, not just the flowers. Especially the first one is nearly impossible to identify without the leaves.

Cailin

I'll have to remember that next time. I didn't think of this until after we got home :/

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Cailin www.thetortoisetable.org.uk will tell you if plants are safe or not, but you really need to know the names and I find that is the hard part. Welcome to the forum