Wild goodies from a Midwest spring. What do you feed?

Alith7

now that it is finally spring in Wisconsin, I'm so excited to be able to supplement the winter store greens with fresh greens and flowers. Penny would, if given her choice, eat a diet of nothing but flowers. Some days I feel like she only eats her lettuce because it got between her and her favorites!

We feed dandilion flowers and greens. Wild rose petals when they finally bloom, mulberry leaves, and we have a couple hardy hibiscus that flower late summer that we feed the leaves and flowers, although she's not a huge fan of the leaves.

For those of you in the Midwest, what do you treat your Russian with now that things are growing again?

And just so no one gets worried, we do not use any heribicide or pesticides on our property and are always extremely careful to make sure that we only select treats from places that we know are untreated and chemical free.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Here in Chicago I grow/feed mulberry, hibiscus, grape leaf, lilac, magnolia, hosta, Rose of Sharon and then all the weeds that naturally grow.

Alith7

Do you feed the lilac flowers too? I have a couple bushes but was never sure.

Alith7

And we also feed a small amount of butternut squash which is her absolute favorite thing. She will almost run across the table to get to her dish when she sees the orange go in.