wild radiata

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thanks for sharing. Interesting how the other two pics were of one perfectly smooth and the other more of a normal pyramiding like I have seen to be more common.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I found it interesting too. Thanks for sharing.

The pyramided radiata is strange indeed.

Radiated

5 Year Member
Wow pyramiding radiata in the wild??? Maybe it was released or sit cuz i dont see how its possible...maybe smt wrong with the genes

BuffaloTortoise

10 Year Member!
While tough to tell from this angle, it looks like more than pyramiding. Looks like MBD. I agree that it was likely raised by a local and than released.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
BuffaloTortoise said:
While tough to tell from this angle, it looks like more than pyramiding. Looks like MBD. I agree that it was likely raised by a local and than released.

I agree.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
We can only speculate, and I do agree that it was somehow limited to free access to do as it saw fit for itself, wether by a person holding it captive or it somehow getting itself into some sort of limited localized environment, tortoise do that on occasion in the wild.

In an off topic aside, at least a one leopard tortoise has been found in the wild that was diabetic by virtue of having an aberrant high blood glucose level. I imagine that whatever malady can effect a tortoise in captivity can also occur in the wild. The later just being much harsher and limiting for how far that malady can affect the individual before that malady becomes lethal.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.