Will my tortoise still need humidity?

JaySparks

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
London
My hermanns tortoise is turning 1 year old this month. I was wondering if he will still need high humidity? I read online that that they need 80% but the numbers seems to vary. I live in the UK will the natural humidity levels be enough?.I keep my hermanns indoors.

http://imgur.com/a/cPGpB this is Logans enclosure. I was thinking of wrapping the sides and back with a pvc shower curtain. i will leave the front open for ventilation.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, they should have the higher enclosure humidity until at least two and then a humid hide will usually do. You will have to enclose the cage as temps and humidity will not be able to properly be kept at tortoise level being in an open cage meant for a rabbit.

JaySparks

5 Year Member
London
Yes, they should have the higher enclosure humidity until at least two and then a humid hide will usually do. You will have to enclose the cage as temps and humidity will not be able to properly be kept at tortoise level being in an open cage meant for a rabbit.
how much humidity?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
80% with temps no lower then 80 until only a humid hide is needed.
Check out the great care sheet under the Hermanns section. It will give you guide lines to look back on as you make adjustments.