Will this hold my dog out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
Well when I say my dog it's my mom and my brothers dog. At the moment I have been spraying her with the hose. She is a very persistent dog. I wish the dog and tort were not in the same area but I only have that small space as a back yard for the tortoise. I think I will spray and set another fence up. The dog may not be mine but I am the only person who tries to give it some sort of training. The dog is just wild has had no training. Getting her to sit is difficult. Dot get me wrong she has had good care not treated bad at all just the training is poor.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
If you put one line of electric about 6" above the wood, the dog will stay away. Cost, about $50 or $60. Solar ones are a little more.

Brewster320

5 Year Member
Massachusetts, USA
My opinion is if you are worried about your dog getting to your tort through the cage then the pen isn't a very secure cage. If its not dog proof it also means its not any other kind of predator proof, predators that are more determined than your dog as they don't see a chew toy, they see it as a life and death situation in that tort could be their last meal for awhile. If your pen was designed though to withstand raccoons, coyotes, ect... Then you shouldn't worry about your dog getting too it even though he can try all he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.