Winter Enclosure

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This morning I've made a winter time area inside the Manouria shed for my young Mep. I still have some tweaking to do, but basically it's finished. I had to use whatever I had on hand because $$ is real tight at the moment. I'm going to cut-to-fit a piece of 1" rigid foam to sit on top of the lid, and that will close up the gaps my poor measuring and cutting job I left in the plywood. There will be a RHP on one wall and the UVB strip light is hanging from the ceiling plywood. After I put the babies in there I realized it's a bit on the small side. But I can remove the plywood covering the doorway and allow them to be in the whole shed if it's warm enough.

Manouria winter area a.jpg Manouria winter area b.jpg Manouria winter area c.jpg

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
This morning I've made a winter time area inside the Manouria shed for my young Mep. I still have some tweaking to do, but basically it's finished. I had to use whatever I had on hand because $$ is real tight at the moment. I'm going to cut-to-fit a piece of 1" rigid foam to sit on top of the lid, and that will close up the gaps my poor measuring and cutting job I left in the plywood. There will be a RHP on one wall and the UVB strip light is hanging from the ceiling plywood. After I put the babies in there I realized it's a bit on the small side. But I can remove the plywood covering the doorway and allow them to be in the whole shed if it's warm enough.

View attachment 280960 View attachment 280961 View attachment 280962
I love it. You're quite handy Yvonne!

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I love it. Nice and basic. I never throw away any plywood, bricks, blocks or wood because I’ll always have a use for them down the road. They’ll be fine in there this year. But next year........
Personally, the only thing I’d do different is use a larger diameter plant saucer.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, I figure by next winter they can be out with the big kids.