Winter housing

Bobbyott

I live in Philadelphia where it gets pretty cold in the winter and was just wondering what everyone does in the winter months. My enclosure is in my basement and I keep it at a good 100, 90, 80 degrees with 80,80 plus humidity. In the summer months Larry yes Larry would go in my yard and get some exercise. Larrys only 6 months old, I would let him run the house but afraid I'd lose him/her. Thinking about doing a tot container for my room just for night time. I know my post is all over the place so what do you do in the winter months

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
I am in Arizona , Speedy will get out most days . He spends his cool nights and some day's in his heated night box !
He was not happy today , had a high of 66 (unusually cold) so he spent the day hunkered down in his night box !

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
In California, it's gets nowhere near as cold as you experience. During the winter months, my Sulcata slows down and stays in his warm house. He stays in an outdoor heated house. He will go out, eat a little, go back in and sleep/stay warm, go out and eat, repeat. I just turn on his pet safe heat mat and set his heater on a thermostat and hes good.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If your tort is only 6 months he needs to be housed inside with all correct temps and humidity. Do not let him roam the house, that's not a good enclosure for them. Once he is large enough to, maybe around 3-5 years, depending on his size then, he can be housed outside all year long with a large heat shed provided for winter months.