Winter Indoor Enclosure Help

Rawrbear315

I have a 20lbs female sulcata in southern indiana. We recently moved from alabama where winters were more mild. Currently she is in a 8' x 8' chicken coop during the day and brought inside to our basement to sleep in her kiddie pool. I am worried about having her in the basement for winter. It is not hooked up to the central air. I was thinking about prong her up stairs on the second floor in her own room. I was wondering what y'all do for your babies in the winter. BTW we are renters not home owners.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I have a 20lbs female sulcata in southern indiana. We recently moved from alabama where winters were more mild. Currently she is in a 8' x 8' chicken coop during the day and brought inside to our basement to sleep in her kiddie pool. I am worried about having her in the basement for winter. It is not hooked up to the central air. I was thinking about prong her up stairs on the second floor in her own room. I was wondering what y'all do for your babies in the winter. BTW we are renters not home owners.
My leopard has his own disused shower room. It has tarpaulin over most of it with big trays of substrate. There is an MVB hanging for day and a CHE on a thermostat for night (and for when extra heat is needed), there is also a radiator which keeps the air temp about 75'F The floor is warm because of pipes beneath it so it is quite cosy. Humidity is sometimes a challenge but there are several buckets of water around and I soak Lola everyday and he has a humid hide (the top of a cat loo) It seems to have stopped or at east slowed down the pyramiding he had when he first joined me. He does have an outdoor enclosure for when it is warm enough (rarely in the UK) but he has been brought in at night all year round.