Wooden frame with pvc “liner”?

Location (City and/or State)
Vancouver bc
wondering if anyone has used an existing wooden hutch/dresser and “lined” it with 1/4 pvc board to make to an enclosed chamber.

Still doing my research before getting a hatchling but i have a 18w x 60l x24h buffet style wooden table that I thought could be converted.. test out our pvc skills until a bigger enclosure is needed in the further.

Thoughts?

Vancouver bc
Don’t suppose you could post a pic of the table you’re thinking of converting? Might help folks come up with some ideas for you🙂
For sure. It’s currently in our rec room and we love the hight of it and would obvs take away the drawers and doors and add sliding plexiglass/tempered glass (not sure which would be better) in the front

Attachments

• IMG_7082.jpeg
    IMG_7082.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
wondering if anyone has used an existing wooden hutch/dresser and “lined” it with 1/4 pvc board to make to an enclosed chamber.

Still doing my research before getting a hatchling but i have a 18w x 60l x24h buffet style wooden table that I thought could be converted.. test out our pvc skills until a bigger enclosure is needed in the further.

Thoughts?
I haven't seen anyone doing this, but this should work. Many PVC enclosures are built with aluminium frames, for example. Don't forget to apply aquarium silicone sealant to seams.

Pay especial attention to sliding glass rails: there will be condensate building up on the glass - think about drainage.