work in progress, looking ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanp15

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Great Yarmouth, UK
ok so its not exactly what i wanted, but dad wouldn't let me start from scratch :(
i used the old rabbit run, which i'll be planting around to block Ollie's view a bit :) or i may find something which i could cover the wire mesh with.
tomorrow i'll be finishing off the hide, which is also quite old but with a clean up and new roof it'll be ok :)

the run will be plated up and i'll add some cobbles when I have money

is it looking ok to you? any suggestions?

edit: Ollie is a meditteran spur thighed, the run will be big enough won't it?

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
that looks like a great start. you'll definitely want to make sure he can't see out. how big is ollie?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
There is nothing wrong with using what you already have on hands, especially at the cost of things these days. Size should be okay from the looks of things. Just what is the measurement? Will look even better when your all done getting the plants and things your planning on. Currently since your not going to have plants to start with (right?) does it get some shade?

You have made sure if he climbs, which will most likely be on corners, that he can't squeeze out? The lid fits securely is I guess what I am asking.

Okay how about along the bottom, can he squeeze out or even maybe dig a bit and get out?

It looks like your working very hard to revamp this rabbit pen into what will be Ollie's home. *applauses the hard work*

ryanp15

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Great Yarmouth, UK

at the moment he's about 8 inches (straight line front to back) i would measure him but he's asleep.
how big will he get? meditteranean spur thighed 5 years at the moment.

yes i will cover the sides up :)

i can put some geraniums, rosemary, and a fushia in soon. There's probably lots of weeds i can find also, can they eat doc leaves?

The lid is secure, but i'll be watching him closely at first to see what happens, he's been fine in there before (last year without it planted). Measurement is 5 foot by 6 foot. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.