Woven grass mats

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekinpink

5 Year Member

River14

5 Year Member
I think its lovely. As long as you cut a decent size for yours and then bleach and sun dry as it becomes messy bout once a week.

I find news paper rather handy for this but it depends on how much trouble you want to go to. Hay is good in high humidity too as it softens and becomes pliable so the tortoise eats it. I use hay on top of thick news paper for night time. They love it. its Chinchilla hay with assorted herbs dandelion marigold mix.

I change the hay news-paper once a week, should work for Bangkok :) In between morning and bed time I let em graze fresh grass and stuff but always also still feed normal morning and night where they aslo nibble. Hatchlings are a load of work, believe me.

I find stars to be light grazers, on the move at all times, a nibble here and a nibble there.

So as herbivores mine are especially nibblers and loose concentration after ten bites, so Im constantly changing feed. What are your tortoises GeeK?

geekinpink

5 Year Member
hi I have star torts :) 2 of them.

that's actually one of my problem, i don't have anywhere to let them graze, I want to try and make their pen as natural habitat as possible but i'm having a hard time doing that hehe. They live in our terrace where there's sunlight everyday but no grass to graze on :( I thought the grass mats will make it feel like they are grazing LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.