Yea For Dr. Buckeye Bottoms!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I just watched an episode of "The Adventures of Dr. Buckeye Bottoms" on Animal Planet (cable tv) and I' m so impressed. He's a mobile vet in Hawaii and he went to take care of some animals at a petting zoo. The owners were worried because their two redfooted tortoises were bumpy. The good doctor advised them it was called pyramiding and happened during the first couple years of the tortoise's life when they are raised in dry conditions. Yea!! The word is finally getting out.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, that is great news!
Kind sad the owners didn't know, with the internet and this forum, that's a simple thing to learn.
At least now they know what it is and why.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
You beat me to it! I was going to post about it too! I was watching raptly and waiting to make a derogatory remark to my hubby about the dumb veterinarian when, OMG, he got it right!
I guess I'll have to tune in again if only to support the giver of good advice on tortoise care. Lol

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Better then never. But I still found people "teaching" the new comer, the Sulcata is from Africa, so they don't need to soak and humid enclosure. :(:(