Yearling price

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Be sure to read our caresheet and then ask the breeder how they start theirs. If it doesn't match the caresheet move on and find another.
Most run around 85.00 to 120.00 that I have seen.
The biggest cost is the proper enclosure, lighting, heating, etc.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I live in NH, and I see lots of sulcatas available on craigslist...people unaware of their space needs and/or how much they'd grow.

Jamie

Qwertyuiopgsggs

Weymouth
Be sure to read our caresheet and then ask the breeder how they start theirs. If it doesn't match the caresheet move on and find another.
Most run around 85.00 to 120.00 that I have seen.
The biggest cost is the proper enclosure, lighting, heating, etc.
I used to have an sulcata hatchling, and Ive built a gotten an indoors table for the winter and fall, I will use the same lighting which I believe there is all the lights it might need. Where exactly could I find such breeder? Im skeptical about breeders from California and western Arizona because of this Auswickia bacteria that has been around.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I used to have an sulcata hatchling, and Ive built a gotten an indoors table for the winter and fall, I will use the same lighting which I believe there is all the lights it might need. Where exactly could I find such breeder? Im skeptical about breeders from California and western Arizona because of this Auswickia bacteria that has been around.
A hatchling should not be housed in a table. Please read the caresheet and closed chamber thread.

Qwertyuiopgsggs

Weymouth
A hatchling should not be housed in a table. Please read the caresheet and closed chamber thread.
Yes I know this, If you look on my past post you will see what I originally had for my hatchling, I built a closed chamber with pvc pipes with polyethylene which worked great the humidity was always at the high 70s. I will submit a picture of the table, its not quite finished yet, I was planning to do a closed chamber similar to the last one with pipes, but I could also raise the height and make a roof. I would have to adjust the lighting but it should not be impossible. Do you have an answer for my original question?

OliveW

Branford, FL
This one is on Craigslist.

I would start there for a yearling. I don't think many breeders keep them that long. I also think you could likely get this one cheaper than the asking price. I often see them as giveaways.