Yellow foot ID/variation

JimUK

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Just read an old post about different variations of red foots (northern, Brazilian etc) is there any noted variations on yellow foots?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
None that have been documented or suitable for a consistent finding scientific that allowed them physiological attributes, no. However. I’ve seen and obtained so many from different regions over the past 20 years to definitely give an opinion on it. But the differences aren’t anything to sustain a substantial identifying marker of any sort of region or “classification”.

I’m mind boggled by the “Amazon basin” giants and the “typical” dendiculata. I honestly feel the areas or regions in Brazil, Guyana, and Peru and even some small regions of Columbia allow this species to just keep growing and growing based off its harsh environments for a terrestrial species. For instance the Galapagos and Aldabra are island atoll
Species in which they naturally swim from giving them mass size allowing better Bouyancy. The regions in which the “basins” are found get so large in my
Opinion is that of the amount of rainfall. Even during the dry season it’s quite rainy and flooded still. Anyways.

ive seen watermelon shaped ones from Brazil, Peru, Guyana, and Suriname.
I’ve seen round domed shaped ones from same as above. Yellow only scales, orange only scales, orange and yellow scales, red to orange scales, and all mixed in between. Black ones to brown and yellow olive colored ones. No rhyme or consistent occurrences to display a physiological region or phylogeographic pin point. Which can be discerned with carbonara a little easier.

What’s a response without some photos though!

These were farmed in Peru as captive farmed yearlings. Imported here in 2003. Finally got offspring from them.
9B9E5D83-C992-4B28-9C72-58D90DE326C5.jpeg

7C782414-BD60-4E85-8A2E-C49FB37B4815.jpeg459996DF-019C-4B44-B0CF-6C0752CDA9FC.jpeg